[Numpy-discussion] Installing numpy on py 3.1.2 , osx

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Tue Jun 8 15:35:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus at yale.edu> wrote:

>> Failed again, I have attached the output including the execution of
>> the above commands.
>> Thanks for link to the environment variables, I need to read that.
>
> In the attached file (and the one from the next email too) I didn't
> see the
>
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
>
> lines. Those need to be re-run with each new shell (terminal window)
> you start up. (Unless you put them in ~/.profile, etc.)
>
> You can see from the error messages (after the barf from the 2to3 tool
> finishes) that there's still the warning about
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET being set to 10.3.
>
> If you did in fact run those commands immediately prior to "python3
> setup.py build" and still see the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET warning,
> then there is definitely some bug in the build process that's
> obliterating that environment variable.

I did but somehow what was being saved from the terminal was from yesterday ???
So to be sure I started over.
I have run it again and for sure I have entered the commands, (see
attached evidence)
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

I then search the terminal output for "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" and
it only occurred at the beginning where I entered the commands.

Thanks
Vincent