[Numpy-discussion] Technicalities of the SVN -> GIT transition

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Jun 2 21:58:41 EDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 10:24 AM, Jarrod Millman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Matthew Brett<matthew.brett at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Do y'all think opt-in?  Or opt-out?    If it's opt-in I guess you'll
>> catch most of the current committers, and most of the others you'll
>> lose, but maybe that's good enough.
>
> I think it should be opt-in.  How would opt-out work?  Would someone
> create new accounts for all the contributors and then give them
> access?

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with accounts on github, or any
registered thing. This is *only* about username/email as recognized by
git itself (as recorded in the commit objects).

Several people already answered me privately to give me their email, I
think that's the way to go,

cheers,

David