[Numpy-discussion] BOF notes: Fernando's proposal: NumPy ndarray with named axes

Lluís xscript at gmx.net
Sat Jul 10 13:49:29 EDT 2010

Rob Speer writes:

>> Can axis labels be anything besides None or str?
> Possibly. The part of this question I particularly like is accessing
> attributes programmatically, using arr.axis[axisname]. That gives
> .axis much more of a purpose. (Follow-up question: should we merge
> .axis and .axes in the API?)

Aha! That's exactly what I was thinking on while looking into the code. In fact,
I've started to put all kinds of comments on the wiki (including this one):

     http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/NdarrayWithNamedAxes#APIdiscussion

Don't know if it's still too early on the discussion to start writing proposals
on the wiki, but in any case, there's an starting skeleton.

Read you,
     Lluis

 Tollbooth