[Numpy-discussion] numpy.test(): invalid value encountered in {isinf, divide, power, ...}

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:57:01 EST 2010

I haven't been following development on the trunk closely, so I
apologize if this is a known issue. I didn't see anything relevant
when I searched the list.

I just updated my checkout of the trunk, cleaned out the old
installation and build/, and reinstalled. When I run the test suite
(without specifying the verbosity), I get a slew of warnings like:

Warning: invalid value encountered in isinf
Warning: invalid value encountered in isfinite

I checked on both OS X 10.6 and gentoo linux, with similar results.
The test suite reports "ok" at the end with 5 known failures and 4
skipped tests.

Darren