[Numpy-discussion] Numpy & MKL

Xue (Sue) Yang x.yang at physics.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 7 18:58:03 EST 2010

I understand that intel mkl uses openMP parallel model.  Therefore I set
environment variable

>>os.environ['OMP_NUM_THREADS'] =  '4'

With same test example, however, still one cpu is used.

Do I need any specifications when I run numpy with intel MKL (MKL9.1)?
numpy developers would be able to answer this question?

I changed the name of numpy-discussion thread to "Numpy & MKL" attempting to
draw attentions from wide range of readers.

Thanks!

Sue

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Xue (Sue) Yang
<x.y... at physics.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> This time, only one cpu was used.  Does it mean that our installed intel
mkl
> 9.1 is not threaded?

You would have to consult the MKL documentation - I believe you can
control how many threads are used from an environment variable. Also,
the exact build commands depend on the version of the MKL, as its
libraries often change between versions.

David