[Numpy-discussion] How to test f2py?

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Fri Feb 26 05:42:58 EST 2010

Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:

> (I'd think one basically has to make the same blatant assumptions that
> f2py makes about type conversion, name mangling etc., but that is also
> much less dangerous/error-prone for Fortran 77.)

Everything related to name mangling can be handled by
distutils/numscons, so this is not an issue (I am ready to help if
necessary on that side).

I don't really know the assumptions made by f2py otherwise: is it
prevalent for most fortran compilers to pass most things by reference ?
g77 uses the f2c convention I believe, but I don't know much about other
compilers, especially proprietary ones,

cheers,

David