[Numpy-discussion] numpy 2.0, what else to do?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:59:32 EST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Xavier Gnata <xavier.gnata at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO 2.0 should support python3.
> That would be a major step and a good reason to call it 2.0.

I agree with Travis, I think we should try not to attach too much
importance to the big number change, release 2.0 just taking care of
the ABI compatibility with the usual feature-freeze for an upcoming
release, and then we can release 3.0 with any major additions in due
course, as the work gets done.  Basically, the '2.0' label does not
mean that there's open-season for feature changes at this point - that
has to wait, if the release is going to be stable.

Best,

Matthew