[Numpy-discussion] Porting numpy to python 3.x, status update

Travis Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Sat Feb 6 02:38:46 EST 2010

On Feb 6, 2010, at 1:08 AM, Rohit Garg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This says that planning for migration to python 3 has begun.

More than planning.  Actually Pauli (and Chuck I believe) have made
quite a bit of progress.   Pauli just posted his roadmap of what needs
to be finished.   It is difficult to predict when the work needed will
be done.   I think Pauli expects to have something close to finished
by the end of the summer this year.

Probably version 1.5 or 1.6 (depending on the out-come of some of the
current discussion) sometime before the end of this year or early next
is my guess for Python 3k support.

-Travis