[Numpy-discussion] A Cython apply_along_axis function

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dagss at student.matnat.uio.no
Wed Dec 1 15:00:38 EST 2010

On 12/01/2010 08:47 PM, Keith Goodman wrote:
> It's hard to write Cython code that can handle all dtypes and
> arbitrary number of dimensions. The former is typically dealt with
> using templates, but what do people do about the latter?

What you typically do is to use the C-level iterator API. In fact
there's a recent thread on cython-users that does exactly this ("How can
I use PyArray_IterAllButAxis..."). Of course, make sure you take the
comments of that thread into account (!).

I feel that is easier to work with than what you do below. Not saying it
couldn't be easier, but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

Dag Sverre