[Numpy-discussion] Datarray sprint July 28, 2010

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 03:59:24 EDT 2010

2010/8/23 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> On 24 August 2010 03:17, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We'd love to move it out of my page to a numpy-owned repo, so once
>> that dust settles I'm more than happy to ask github for a move.
>
> I guess we can just create the new repo ourselves, or does GitHub
> track some other meta-data that should be moved?

Yes, please do *not* create it.  We need to make a manual move
request, see for example:

http://support.github.com/discussions/organization-issues/123-request-to-move-a-personal-repo-to-an-organization

This ensures that all metadata moves with the repo (issues, fork
queues, etc).  Once moved, only I have to re-fork and we're done.

People will then need to update their remote urls in their clones (or
re-clone if they are lazy) but that's it.

Cheers,