[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.0 beta 2

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:27:45 EDT 2010

I'm getting one unit test error on SunOS 5.8 UltraSPARC 5, with  Sun
WorkShop 6 update 2 C 5.3 Patch 111679-14 2004/02/20:

ERROR: test_ldexp (test_umath.TestLdexp)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/mdroe/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_umath.py",
line 388, in test_ldexp
     assert_almost_equal(ncu.ldexp(np.array(2., np.longdouble),
np.array(3, np.int16)), 16.)
TypeError: function not supported for these types, and can't coerce
safely to supported types

Any thoughts?

Mike

On 08/17/2010 11:23 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the second beta of NumPy
> 1.5.0. This will be the first NumPy release to include support for
> Python 3, as well as for Python 2.7.
>
> Please try this beta and report any problems on the NumPy mailing
> list. Especially with Python 3 testing will be very useful. On Linux
> and OS X building from source should be straightforward, for Windows a
> binary installer is provided. There is one important known issue on
> Windows left, in fromfile and tofile (ticket 1583).
>
> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/>
>
> Enjoy,
> Ralf