[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numexpr 1.4 released

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Sun Aug 1 14:57:59 EDT 2010

Hey Sebastian,

2010/8/1 Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com>

> Would you mind summarizing very briefly which dtypes you support in Numexpr
> ?
> (float32?)

Yup.  See:

http://code.google.com/p/numexpr/wiki/Overview#Datatypes_supported_internally

for the complete list.

> And 2ndly, is there (regarding this) a difference between the Numexpr
> from pyTables and the "normal" Numexpr (which I think lives at google
> code these days)  ... ?

Since 2.2, PyTables does not includes Numexpr anymore and depends on Numexpr
(>= 1.3.1) explicitly.  The reason is that, after "normal" Numexpr got all
the enhancements that PyTables needed (mainly support for booleans and
strided and unaligned data), it does not make sense to have different
Numexpr's anymore.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted