[Numpy-discussion] Aggregate memmap

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 15:41:02 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I've quite a bit of unformatted fortran data that I'd like to use as
input to a memmap, as sort of a staging area for selection of
subregions to be loaded into RAM.  Unfortunately, what I'm running
into is that the data was output as a set of "slices" through a 3D
cube, instead of a single 3D cube -- the end result being that each
slice also contains a record delimiter.  I was wondering if there's a
way to either specify that every traversal through the least-frequent
dimension requires an additional offset or to calculate individual
offsets for each slice myself and then aggregate these into a "super
memmap."

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

-Matt