[Numpy-discussion] The problem with zero dimesnsional array

Fabrice Silva silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Sep 29 07:47:33 EDT 2009

Le mardi 29 septembre 2009 à 02:32 +0530, yogesh karpate a écrit :
> Dear All,
>                I'm facing a bog problem in following . the code
> snippet is as follows
> #################### % Compute the area
> indicator###################################
>     for kT in range(leftbound,rightbound):
>   #  Here the left bound and rightbound both are indexing array is
>         cutlevel = sum(s[(kT-ptwin):(kT+ptwin)],0)/(ptwin*2+1)
>         corsig = s[(kT-swin+1):kT]-cutlevel
>         areavalue1 =sum((corsig),0)
>         #print areavalue.size
>          print leftbound, rightbound
>      Tval=areavalue1[leftbound:rightbound]
> Everything works fine till areavalue1, then whenever I try to access
> the Tval=areavalue1[leftbound:rightbound]
> it says IndexError: invalid index to scalar variable..
> When i try to access areavalue1[0] it gives me entire array but for
> areavalue1[2:8]..it gives the same error .
> Thanx in advance..
> Regards

Could you please check the shape of areavalue :
        >>> print type(areavalue)
        >>> print areavalue.shape
Make sure areavalue is not a list or a tuple with the array you are
interested in as the first element. If it is such a case, first extract
the array or replace areavalue by areavalue[0] in your snipplet.

--
Fabrice Silva <silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr>
LMA UPR CNRS 7051

PS : you need not to personally email your request. I saw your message