[Numpy-discussion] Deprecate poly1d and replace with Poly1d ?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:59:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 15:46, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> The more basic problem here is making poly1d look like an array, which it
> isn't. The array bit is an implementation detail and would be private in
> C++. with an as_array method to retrieve the details if wanted.

I'm pretty sure that it is an intentional public API and not an
implementation detail. The __array__() method is not "making poly1d
look like an array"; it is the standard name for such as_array()
conversion methods.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."