[Numpy-discussion] I want to help with a numpy python 3.1.x port

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Sep 19 05:31:41 EDT 2009

pe, 2009-09-18 kello 23:41 -0600, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:

[clip]
> Hmm, that doesn't work for me, git finds no commits in common if I
> pull and, as far as I can tell, essentially clones the whole thing. I
> quess that's because I'm using git-svn and started in a different
> place for the initial co and every commit to svn rebases. Diffs might
> be the easiest way to go.

Use our Git mirror if you need to collaborate:

	http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/GitMirror

It's there precisely to allow a central tree around which to base your
changes, and avoids precisely these problems.

Also, avoid touching git-svn as much as possible. If you want to
preserve interoperability, "git-svn dcommit" to SVN always from a
separate commit branch, to which you cherry-pick changes from the branch
you use to collaborate. This is because git-svn rewrites the commits you
dcommit to SVN.

--
Pauli Virtanen