[Numpy-discussion] I want to help with a numpy python 3.1.x port

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 04:54:51 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'll be uploading stuff to github at http://github.com/illume/numpy3k.
>>    git clone git://github.com/illume/numpy3k.git
>>

> Hmm, that doesn't work for me, git finds no commits in common if I pull and,
> as far as I can tell, essentially clones the whole thing. I quess that's
> because I'm using git-svn and started in a different place for the initial
> co and every commit to svn rebases. Diffs might be the easiest way to go.
>
> Chuck

ah, oh well.  I'll just upload diffs as I go.

Which versions of python is numpy to support?  2.5 and greater?  Or
2.4 and greater?  I can't see if it's written anywhere which versions
are supported.  Personally, I think at least python2.5 should be
supported... as that's still very widely used... but older versions
should be able to be supported with my changes if needed.

cheers,