[Numpy-discussion] Error in numpy 1.4.0 dev 07384

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Tue Sep 15 02:28:35 EDT 2009

I compiled the recent numpy from svn on gentoo-amd64, since then I often get the error message:

RuntimeError: FATAL: module compiled aslittle endian, but detected different endianness at runtime

Of course AMD64 is little endian, and array's byteorder is little endian by default.

Grepping shows the the error origin is a C code inside generate_numpy_api.py

BTW: Until now I did not observe any problem, the program I run seems to produce the correct results.

  Nadav