[Numpy-discussion] New behavior for correlate w.r.t. swapped input: deprecate current default for 1.4.0 ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 27 05:04:23 EST 2009

Hi,

    The function correlate can now implement what is generally accepted
as the definition of correlation, but you need to request this behavior
ATM (by default, it still does the wrong thing). Is it ok to deprecate
the default ? I.e. the behavior is exactly the same, but we warn users
about the change, and in 1.5.0, the default is to use the new behavior.

cheers,

David