[Numpy-discussion] failure building trunk with mingw

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:01:44 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Might be nice to print out the actual values of np.spacing and np.nextafter
> here.

Yes, I should add some utilities to print those for this kind of test.
But in this case, I know the problem: mingw gcc use 80 bits long
double but it uses the MS runtime which considers double and long
double to be the same (8 bytes).

I think the real fix is to force npy_longdouble to be double on mingw,
but I don't want to make that change now for 1.4.0.

David