[Numpy-discussion] Comparing variable time-shifted two measurements

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:21:15 EST 2009

Hello,

I have two aircraft based aerosol measurements. The first one is dccnConSTP
(blue), and the latter is CPCConc (red) as shown in this screen capture. (
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7498/ccncpclag.png). My goal is to
compare these two measurements. It is expected to see that they must have a
positive correlation throughout the flight. However, the instrument that
gives CPCConc was experiencing a sampling issue and therefore making a
varying time-shifted measurements with respect to the first instrument.
(From the first box it is about 20 seconds, 24 from the seconds before the
dccnConSTP measurements shows up.) In other words in different altitude
levels, I have varying time differences in between these two measurements in
terms of their shapes. So, my goal turns to addressing this variable
shifting issue before I start doing the comparisons.

Is there a known automated approach to correct this mentioned varying-lag
issue? If so, how?

Thank you.

--
Gökhan