[Numpy-discussion] [Announce] Numpy 1.3.0 rc1

Robert Pyle rpyle at post.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 28 13:41:29 EDT 2009

Hi David,

On Mar 28, 2009, at 12:04 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Robert Pyle
> <rpyle at post.harvard.edu> wrote:

>> The Mac OS X installer (numpy-1.3.0rc1-py2.5-macosx10.5.dmg) did not
>> work for me.  It said none of my disks were suitable for
>> installation.
>
> Hm, strange, I have never encountered this problem. To be sure I
> understand, you could open/mount the .dmg, but the .pkg refuses to
> install ?

Yes.  When it gets to "Select a Destination", I would expect my boot
disk to get the green arrow as the installation target, but it (and
the other three disks) have the exclamation point in the red circle.
Same thing happened on my MacBook Pro (Intel) with its one disk.

As I noted before, however, installation from source went without
problems on both machines.

Bob