[Numpy-discussion] Numpy v1.3.0b1 on Linux w/ Intel compilers - unknown file type

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:37:42 EDT 2009

2009/3/27 Christian Marquardt <christian at marquardt.sc>:
> Hmm.
>
> I downloaded the beta tar file and started from the untarred contents plus a
> patch for the Intel compilers
> (some changes of the command line arguments for the compiler and a added
> setup.cfg file specifying the
> paths to the Intel MKL libraries) which applied cleanly. I then ran

>    python setup.py config --compiler=intel config_fc --fcompiler=intel
> build_clib --compiler=intel build_ext --compiler=intel install
>
> which failed.
>
> After playing around a bit, I found that it seems that the build_clib
> --compiler=intel subcommand which
> causes the trouble; after disabling it, that is with

I *guess* that the compiler command line does not work with your
changes, and that distutils got confused, and fails somewhere later
(or sooner, who knows). Without actually seeing the errors you got, it
is difficult to know more - but I would make sure the command line
arguments are ok instead of focusing on the .src error,

cheers,

David