[Numpy-discussion] Numpy documentation: status and distribution for 1.3.0

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 10 03:12:18 EDT 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the upcoming 1.3.0 release, I would like to distribute the (built)
> documentation in some way. But first, I need to be able to build it :)
> What are the exact requirements to build the documentation ? Is sphinx
> 0.5 enough ? I can't manage to build it on either mac os x or linux:

David,

A few days ago I was trying to build it on linux.  I could not build it
with 0.5.1 or with 0.6dev.  I submitted tickets to sphinx for the
latter, and I think the first three problems were fixed before I hit one
that required a change on the numpy side.  I was not (and still am not)
prepared to work on it, so that was the end of it.

http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg15953.html

Eric