[Numpy-discussion] loading data

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Fri Jun 26 08:00:17 EDT 2009

A Friday 26 June 2009 13:46:13 Mag Gam escrigué:
> Yes, you are correct!
>
> I think this is the best path.
>
> However, I need to learn how to append a hdf5 dataset . I looked at
> this, http://code.google.com/p/h5py/wiki/FAQ#Appending_data_to_a_dataset
> but was not able to do so. Do you happen to have any sample code for
> this, if you used hdf5.

Well, by looking at the docs, it seems just a matter of using `.resize()` and
then a traditional assignment (à la arr[row1:row2] = slice).  But I'd
recommend you to not run too fast and read the documentation carefully: you
will notice that, in the end, you will be far more productive, trust me ;-)

--
Francesc Alted