[Numpy-discussion] matrix default to column vector?

Olivier Verdier zelbier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 05:44:19 EDT 2009

Yes, I found the thread you are referring to:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-July/081554.html

However, since A*B*C exists for matrices and actually computes (A*B)*C, why
not do the same with dot? I.e. why not decide that dot(A,B,C) does what
would A*B*C do, i.e., dot(dot(A,B),C)?
The performance and precision problems are the responsability of the user,
just as with the formula A*B*C.
== Olivier