[Numpy-discussion] Scipy Conference 2009 Lecture Recordings

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:18:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan
Taylor<jonathan.taylor at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> I would also like to see this.  Have we looked at using videolectures.net?
>
> In my field, the people from videolectures.net takes care of filming
> and editing.  I am not sure, but they might actually be free as they
> have a big grant from the EU to do this sort of thing.  It might be
> worth pinging them to find out if it would be possible and how much,
> if any, it would cost.

That's a great idea.  BTW, there's an excellent set of lectures with
lots of python stuff from last year's NIPS up there, including a very
nice talk by John on matplotlib:

http://videolectures.net/mloss08_whistler/

It would be *fantastic* if anyone from our community could take up
contacting the videolectures guys...

Cheers,