[Numpy-discussion] Problem with ML subscriptions?

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Jul 8 18:53:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 11:01:55PM +0100, Peter wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Fons Adriaensen<fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:

> >> I've CC'd Peter Wang, who is currently the most knowledgeable about that setup.
> >
> > Many thanks !
> >
> > Five days after being subscribed to this list the
> > situation has not changed.
> >
> > - My message (send now four times) still doesn't
> >  appear on the list.
>
> This message did.

Strangely enough, yes. It wasn't meant for the list,
I just replied to Stefan's message.

The one I posted to the list one hour before is still
'somewhere'. Or isn't anymore at all. I verified the
address in my outgoing mail logs, it *is* correct.
No HTML. No attachments. No foul language.

> > - I don't get any mail bounce messages.
>
> That could be your ISP's fault.

Don't think so. All the years I've been using this
service (HostEurope in Germany) I've received quite
informative message for anything that did go wrong,
either there or down the line.

> > - I don't get any 'your message is waiting to be
> >  approved by the list moderator' messages,
>
> Once you are subscribed, there is no moderation.

OK. Some lists will have the first few posts moderated,
just to be sure it's not some spammer.

> > - I've got no reply at all from anyone in charge
> >  of this list.
> >
> > Apparently, whoever is managing numpy-discussion
> > doesn't care very much about it. So I have no choice
> > but to unsubscribe and forget about numpy. It would
> > have been a nice framework for what I want to do -
> > the messages I've received so far just confirm that.
> > But with this level of support I'd better look for
> > an alternative.
>
> We don't know if the mailing list team ever got your
> emails. It's pretty hard to give someone support if
> you don't know about their request.

Pauli Virtanen copied my message to him to the list,
and Stefan van der Walt CC'd it to Peter Wang. Someone
should have seen it.

> Anyway - fingers crossed the list is working for you
> now...

I'm not convinced... Will try posting again.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.