[Numpy-discussion] glibc error

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jan 24 23:48:32 EST 2009

Hoyt Koepke wrote:
> Not sure what the problem is in your case, but I had the same error a
> while back.  For some reason, ATLAS thought it should be compiled as
> 64 bit but numpy as 32 bit. .  It went away after I passed the -b 32
> flag to configure in ATLAS (I think).  Thus that's one thing to check.
> Also, make sure you're using ATLAS 3.8.x, as I had problems with the
> 3.9 series (don't know if that would be an issue still).

Actually, I would advise using only 3.8.2. Previous versions had bugs
for some core routines used by numpy (at least 3.8.0 did). I am a bit
surprised that a 64 bits-built atlas would be runnable at all in a 32
bits binary - I would expect the link phase to fail if two different
object formats are linked together.

cheers,

David