[Numpy-discussion] Update webpage for python requirements for Numpy/SciPy

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:24:24 EST 2009

Hi,
Could someone please update the website to clearly state that numpy 1.2
requires Python 2.4 or later?
I know it is in the release notes but that assumes people read them :-)

It would be great to state this on the download and installation pages:
http://www.scipy.org/Download
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy

Also there should be a mention that nose is required at for testing.

A couple of dated material that I noticed are:

http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral
'To build SciPy, Python version 2.3 or newer is required.'

The FAQ page (http://www.scipy.org/FAQ)
NumPy/SciPy installation
'Prerequisities
NumPy requires the following software installed:
1. Python 2.3.x or 2.4.x or 2.5.x '

Thanks
Bruce