[Numpy-discussion] Purpose for bit-wise and'ing the initial mersenne twister key?

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Fri Feb 13 19:29:01 EST 2009

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:04:48 +0100 Sturla Molden wrote:

> Yes, running a lot of monte carlo simulations back-to-back.  if the
> PRNG were twice as fast, my code would be twice as fast.  It isn't that
> unbelievable...

Profile before you make such bold statements. You are implying that your
simulation does nothing but generate random integers for days on end.
Surely you must also do something useful with them?

If you make the PRNG twice as fast, you have med the PRNG twice as fast.
Everything else stays the same.

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." (C.A.R. Hoare)

S.M.