[Numpy-discussion] Question on timeseries, for financial application

Robert Ferrell ferrell at diablotech.com
Sun Dec 13 00:11:32 EST 2009

Have you considered creating a TimeSeries for each data series, and
then putting them all together in a dict, keyed by symbol?

One disadvantage of one big monster numpy array for all the series is
that not all series may have a full set of 1800 data points.  So the
array isn't really nicely rectangular.

Not sure exactly what kind of analysis you want to do, but grabbing a
series from a dict is quite fast.

-r