[Numpy-discussion] Release blockers for 1.4.0 ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 10:24:02 EST 2009

Hi,

There are a few issues which have been found on numpy 1.4.0, which worry me:

# 1317: segfaults for integer division overflow
# 1318: all FPU exceptions ignored by default

#1318 worries me the most: I think it is a pretty serious regression,
since things like this go unnoticed:

x = np.array([1, 2, 3, 4]) / 0 # x is an array of 0, no warning printed

But fixing it reveals quite a few problems while running the test
suite (invalid value warnings appear 518 times), and I think it is a
bite late to fix those.

What do people think ?

cheers,

David