[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] Sanity checklist for those attending the SciPy'09 tutorials

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 07:34:59 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Fernando Perez<fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [ sorry for spamming the list, but even though I sent this to all the
> email addresses I have on file for tutorial attendees, I know I am
> missing a few, so I hope they see this message. ]
>
> In order to make your experience at the scipy tutorials as smooth as
> possible, we strongly recommend that you take a little time to install
> the necessary tools in advance.
>
> For both introductory and advanced  tutorials:
>
> http://conference.scipy.org/intro_tutorial
> http://conference.scipy.org/advanced_tutorials
>
> you will find instructions on what to install and where to download it
> from.  In addition (this is also mentioned on those pages), we
> encourage you to run according to your tutorial of choice, a little
> checklist script:
>
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/fperez/tmp/intro_tut_checklist.py
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/fperez/tmp/adv_tut_checklist.py
>
> This will try to  spot any problems early, and we'll do our best  to
> help you with them before you arrive to the conference.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dave Peterson and Fernando Perez.
>
> ps - for those of you who may find fixes for the checklist scripts,
> the sources are hosted on github:
>
> http://github.com/fperez/scipytut/

is "Availability: recent flavors of Unix. "  required (python 2.5 help
for os.uname)

Josef

==================
System information
==================
os.name      : nt
os.uname     :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Josef\work-oth\adv_tut_checklist.py", line 317, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Josef\work-oth\adv_tut_checklist.py", line 312, in main
    sys_info()
  File "C:\Josef\work-oth\adv_tut_checklist.py", line 43, in sys_info
    print 'os.uname     :',os.uname()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'uname'