[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 00:37:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it will try to collect all of the possibilities by looking at
> PyPI and the download link, then decide on the best one. But it could
> be that if there are files on PyPI, it will only consider those. I
> don't know.

I ended up pushing the binary on pypi, and it looks like it is
working, easy_install can retrieve it. At least from the output,
easy_install looks on both pypi and sourceforge, but it picks up the
binary on Pypi (the superpack installer is explicitly named such as to
be incompatible with easy_install to avoid weird errors).

cheers,

David