[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:00:45 EDT 2009

Hi Sal,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Fadhley Salim <Fadhley.Salim at uk.calyon.com
> wrote:

>  Chuck,
>
> I'm not all that familiar with the bug reporting process but if you were to
> point me to the relevant bug tracker I'd be delighted to file an issue. If I
> could get somebody to fix this upstream I'd be so happy!
>
> Thanks!

Go to SciPy <http://www.scipy.org/> and hit the bug button at the top of the
page. You should include a sample of the error output that you get in the
report. I'll do it myself later if you don't get to it, but I'm a pusher and
filing bug reports is a gateway drug.

The file in question is a pyrex generated file, so I regard this as a pyrex
bug. If cython doesn't have this problem then that is an argument for
cythonizing random. It is also possible that we should be adding the
document strings after the module is loaded, as we do with other c code. It
needs to be looked at.

<snip>

Chuck