[Numpy-discussion] f2py-problem fcompiler for f90-files missing

Tobias Lindberg Tobias.Lindberg at byggvetenskaper.lth.se
Tue Apr 7 10:59:39 EDT 2009

g95.py isn't a FORTRAN compiler, it's some code to help NumPy find out
what compilers are available on your system.

Since you seem to have g77 installed, I assume this is part of either
a mingw or cygwin installation on your machine. I suggest using the
relevant package manager (cygwin or mingw setup.exe or whatever) to
find and install g95 or gfortran. You should then be able to compile
FORTRAN90 source code.

If you make sure that you can compile a simple FORTRAN90 program at
the command line before trying f2py, you'll probably have better
luck..

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanx for the info! No wonder it won't work if the g95-files isn't what I thought it was :-) Well, you learn something new every day! Your suggestion about using a relevant package manager seems like a good idea. I will give it a try and hope for the best!

Thank you!

Best regards

/tobias