[Numpy-discussion] trouble building docs with sphinx-0.6.1

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:26:11 EDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 11:57 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:

>> preparing documents... done
>> Exception occurred:  0%] contents
>>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/docutils/nodes.py", line
>> 471, in __getitem__
>>    return self.attributes[key]
>> KeyError: 'entries'
>> The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-RDe0NL.log, if
>> you want to report the issue to the author.
>> Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better
>> error
>> message can be provided next time.
>> Send reports to sphinx-dev at googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:sphinx-dev at googlegroups.com>. Thanks!
>
> This often happens for non-clean build. The only solution I got so far
> was to start the doc build from scratch...

David, won't work here, there's a bug indeed.
Part of it comes from numpydoc, that isn't completely compatible w/
Sphin-0.6.1. In particular, the code doesn't know what to do w/ this
'entries' parameter.
part of it comes from Sphinx. Georg said he made the 'entries'
parameter optional, but that doesn't solve everything. Matt Knox
actually came across the 'best' solution
Edit Sphinx/environment.py, L1051:
replace
refs = [(e[0], str(e[1])) for e in toctreenode['entries'])]
by
refs = [(e[0], str(e[1])) for e in toctreenode.get('entries', [])]