[Numpy-discussion] Minimum distance between 2 paths in 3D

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 04:50:32 EDT 2008

Hi All,

    I was wondering if someone had any suggestions/references/snippets
of code on how to find the minimum distance between 2 paths in 3D.
Basically, for every path, I have I series of points (x, y, z) and I
would like to know if there is a better way, other than comparing
point by point the 2 paths, to find the minimum distance between them.

Any suggestion is welcome :-)

Thank you.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/