[Numpy-discussion] Compiler options for mingw?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:02:01 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus at yale.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm curious about how to control compiler options for mingw builds of
> numpy on windows... Specifically, I want to build binaries without SSE
> support, so that they can run on older hardware.

The windows binaries of numpy can run on machines without SSE support.
If for some reason you want to build it by yourself, you just need a
BLAS/LAPACK without SSE - assuming you want BLAS/LAPACK. Note that
depending on your intent, all the scripts to generate the full binary
(which install the most optimized binary depending on the detected
arch) are in svn too, if that's something you want to do.

I have recently remove the arch specific optimization in
numpy.distutils, so this should not be a problem either.

David