[Numpy-discussion] What happened to numpy-docs ?

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 01:39:32 EST 2008

2008/11/27 Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com>:
> I'd like to update routines.ma.rst on the numpy/numpy-docs/trunk SVN,
> but the whole trunk seems to be MIA... Where has it gone ? How can I
> (where should I)  commit changes ?

Hi Pierre,

I've done a little bit of that at
http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/reference/routines.ma.rst

Which brings up the question of duplicating effort..

I have been under the impression that the documentation on the doc
wiki http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/ immediately (or at
least very quickly) reflected changes in SVN and that changes to the
docs in the wiki need to be manually checked in to SVN.  Admittedly I
have no good reason to make this assumption.

Looking at some recent changes made to docstrings in SVN by Pierre
(r6110 & r6111), these are not yet reflected in the doc wiki. I guess
my question is aimed at Pauli - How frequently does the doc wiki's
version of SVN get updated and is this automatic or does it require
manual intervention?

Thanks,
Scott