[Numpy-discussion] f2py questions

Catherine Moroney Catherine.M.Moroney at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 12 18:40:03 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right list for this question, but attempts
to subscribe myself to f2py-users fail, as I never get an email back
asking
me to confirm my subscription request.  Is that list no longer active?

I'm trying to compile a medium-short Fortran90 code using f2py, and
get the error below.  The code compiles fine under the gfortran
compiler,
which I'm specifying on the f2py command-line.

I'm using numpy 1.2.1, and python 2.5 on a 64-bit Linux AMD box, with
the command:

 >>f2py --verbose --f90exec='/usr/bin/gfortran' --f90flags='--fixed-
line-length-none' \
        -c -m M23mod M23match.f

File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/f2py/crackfortran.py",
line 419, in readfortrancode
     dowithline(finalline)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/f2py/
crackfortran.py", line 601, in crackline
     % (groupcounter)
crackline: groupcounter(=0) is nonpositive. Check the blocks.

Can somebody point me to the right place to ask this question, and/or
give me some hints about tracking down this error.  Is there someway
to get f2py to give me the line number of the problematic statement
in the Fortran code?

Catherine