[Numpy-discussion] numpy, Py_ssize_t, cython and 64 bits python 2.4

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:38:17 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:38 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like the right solution, but OTOH, since I am not familiar
> with the cython codebase at all, I will prepare a patch following the
> first solution, and I guess you can always improve it later.

Ok, I made a patch which makes strides/shape to be Py_ssize_t arrays
instead of npy_intp, and create temporary buffers when
sizeof(Py_ssize_t) != sizeof(npy_intp_t). I have not tested it
thouroughly, but it made the tests which failed work on python 2.4 on
RHEL 64 bits.

Can I have an account to put the mercurial bundle somewhere ?

cheers,

David