[Numpy-discussion] Current ufunc signatures for review

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:52:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Travis E. Oliphant
<oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
> Charles R Harris wrote:

>> 2) Complex divmod(), // and % are deprecated, should we make them
>> raise errors?
> Sometimes you have float data that is complex because of an intermediate
> calculation.   I don't think we should cause these operations not to
> work on Numeric data just because Python deprecated them.  I'm actually
> not sure why Python deprecated these functions.

floor() isn't particularly well-defined in CC. I guess we could just
round each .real and .imag component down to the next lowest integer
and define Z1 % Z2 to be the remainder from that. The operations don't
really make sense for most elements in CC, but it "smoothly"
extrapolates from the RR results.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."