[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.x branch and 1.1.0 tag imminent

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sat May 24 02:16:33 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will you just kick the d*mn thing out the door?

I would be happy to my only concern is that I would like to avoid
releasing something that is broken.  Can I safely ignore the 5
buildbot failures that you pointed out yesterday?

FAIL: test_divide (test_errstate.TestErrstate)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 38, in test_divide
AssertionError

FAIL: test_invalid (test_errstate.TestErrstate)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 24, in test_invalid
AssertionError

FAIL: test_divideerr (numpy.core.tests.test_numeric.TestSeterr)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/buildbot/numpy/b2/numpy-install/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_numeric.py",
line 196, in test_divideerr
    self.fail()
AssertionError

FAIL: test_divide (numpy.core.tests.test_errstate.TestErrstate)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 38, in test_divide
AssertionError

FAIL: test_invalid (numpy.core.tests.test_errstate.TestErrstate)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 24, in test_invalid

AssertionError

If those failures aren't real, I will go ahead and branch.  Sorry that
this process has been so difficult and long.  We can talk about
whether there is a better way to do releases after I finalize 1.1.0.
It may make sense to start rotating release management as David
suggested.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman