[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.x branch and 1.1.0 tag imminent

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri May 23 17:31:30 EDT 2008

Hello,

I plan to branch 1.1.x and tag 1.1.0 later today.  As of now, please
consider the trunk in an near absolute freeze.  If you feel that there
is some unimaginably important change that must take place before we
branch and tag, please send an email to the mailing list including
your proposed patch and an explanation of why it is absolutely
necessary.  If the list overwhelmingly agrees with you, I will
consider applying the patch before branching.  If there is any reason
why I shouldn't branch right now, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks to everyone who put so much time and effort into this release.
The trunk has seen tremendous improvements in terms of bug-fixing,
increased testing and improved documentation.  I am looking forward to
a whole host of improvements over the summer.  Once I create the new
branch, I will designate the trunk ready for 1.2 development.  Despite
the increased minor number, please remain cautious with your changes.
As always any changes to the trunk shouldn't break it.  If you have
more experimental work that you want to try, please create a branch.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley