[Numpy-discussion] Current state of the trunk and release

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue May 20 05:47:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:50 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Ok, that should have be more explicit before, I think, because it was
> not obvious at all. I did a few commits: should I revert them ?

Sorry I wasn't more clear; I think we could avoided a lot of
confusion, if I had done a better job explaining what I meant.

Anyway, I don't think there is a need to revert any of the changes
that have gone in all ready.  I took a quick look at ever change that
has been made over the last few days and I didn't see anything that I
believe will break anything.  If anyone notices something that I have
overlooked which should be removed, please let me know ASAP.  Also
let's be extremely careful about committing to the trunk over the next
two to three days.

I didn't branch because when I branched for 1.1.x two weeks ago:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5134
I ended up having to delete it a week later:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5163

So, I tried something different this time.  I actually would prefer to
follow the conventional svn trunk/branches/tags model--as long as
everyone else is willing to follow it.  After all, I actually voted
for it before I vote against it.  I will send out an email momentarily
proposing something closer to this.  Please respond to my next email
and not this one.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman