[Numpy-discussion] Going toward time-based release ?

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue May 13 06:46:15 EDT 2008

> As for the NumPy unit tests: I have placed coverage reports online
> (http://mentat.za.net/numpy/coverage).  This only covers Python (not
> extension) code, but having that part 100% tested is not impossible,
> nor would it take that much effort.  The much more important issue is
> having the C extensions tested, and if anyone can figure out a way to
> get gcov to generate those coverage reports, I'd be in the seventh
> heaven.  Thus far, the only way I know of is to build one large,
> static Python binary that includes numpy.

Hi,

I tried something similar with figleaf on my own code, but it seems that
every test that is decorated with @raises is not tested. Does your coverage
include these tests ? I didn't change much of your script to do it.
I tried the pinocchio nose extension as well, but it seems it is not
compatible with figleaf anymore :| (there is a thread on the testing ML, but
no answers so far :|)

Matthieu
--
French PhD student