[Numpy-discussion] Topical documentation

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Jun 26 07:35:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We are busy writing several documents that address general NumPy
topics, such as indexing, broadcasting, testing, etc.  I would like
for those documents to be available inside of NumPy, so that they
could be accessed as docstrings:

>>> help(np.doc.indexing)

or

In [15]: np.doc.indexing?

If I had to implement it right now, I'd probably

- Have a directory full of topic.txt files.
- Upon importing the doc sub-module, setup doc.topic and add docstring
accordingly.

Does anyone have comments or suggestions regarding such a framework?

Thanks for your time,
Stéfan