[Numpy-discussion] Nose, doctests and extension modules

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 20:22:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

as we transition over to nose in full (which I'm very happy to see),
we'll want to have a good solution to finding doctests in extension
modules.  My initial efforts haven't been very fruitful on this front,
and if any of you has any insights, I'd appreciate to hear them.  I
started the conversation on the testing in python mailing list:

http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/testing-in-python/2008-June/000701.html

but I'm convinced (for the reasons given there) that the solution I
got won't work in general, even if it did work for that one little
case.

Any insights appreciated.

Cheers,